If you are a new player of Mask of the Rose and looking for beginner s guide, here s some help in figuring how to get the most out of this game.
Why was my first playthrough boring?
Because you didn t actually do anything!
This is understandable, of course. You re still learning the ropes, and you re presented with a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. I certainly expected the game to be longer when I first played, too.
It is impossible to do everything in one playthrough.This is by design. The Failbetter team didn t lock off those starting backgrounds as any kind of new game plus, but as a means of encouraging you to play again even if your first run through was unsatisfying. It s a clue into the fact that there are opportunities beyond what you experienced the first time.
This game isn t short and sweet , it s incredibly dense, in fact. It s intended to be played many, many times, and in many different ways. It s short so that you can do that in a reasonable amount of time.
With all that in mind, it s generally not a good idea to read many guides unless you really are stuck. This game is about exploring the narratives and your opportunities within it: Almost any in-depth guide will give you major spoilers because the very point is for you to discover it for yourself. That isn t to say that sometimes you don t just need a point in the right direction.
To put it simply,there are no useless options. At the same time, though,this is a game about befriending people or perhaps social manipulation. Having people who dislike you is interesting, but making friends (or more) is making opportunities.
With that in mind:
- Romance/Seduction is a narrative option. If you want to focus on something else, try choosing the option to make friends only.
- The game hints at what people will like, but don t be afraid to stray or even wear something or choose an option you expect them to dislike. People are multifaceted.
- You don t have to save Archie. In fact, if you plan on doing anything else, leave him be.
- On the other hand, there are a lot of ways TO save Archie. Some easier than others.
- You ll get different narrative quests by asking people if they need anything. Some are shorter, others are longer.
- You can miss items and locations, but there are also many ways to get the same ones. Don t be afraid to stray from a reliable path.
- Don t ignore your bed. Recalling the past changes the narrative in some cases, and can even give you story options you wouldn t get otherwise.
And finally BE NOSY.
Not only will Mr Pages pay you more for in-depth census forms, but nosiness will get you a lot farther in most other quests too. Ask questions. Even if you think you ll piss whoever you re talking to off. You might, you might not, but either way you can always come back on a different playthrough with a better game plan.
Not nosing into other people s business shuts out a lot of the game. Their business is now your business, go out there and nose!
That s all we are sharing today in Mask of the Rose Basic Guide for Beginner, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original articlehere, all the credits goes to the original authorGeschrieben