For Nova Lands players, this guide provides general tips and tricks and help to efficiently find and harvest materials.
How to Get Materials
Nutritious Eggs (Honey Eggs)
Honey Nutritious Eggs come from honey covered twig bushes. Honey bushes produce bees.
BirBees will search the island for berry bushes. They will hit the bush knocking all the berries off then take one back to their honey bush. It is the berries that they bring back that causes the honey bush to produce more eggs.
If you want to make more honey bushes, you have to NOT harvest the eggs. Once 4 eggs appear on one, it will look like it is on fire. A little while later, all the eggs will disappear and a large Queen BirBee will appear. The queen will fly randomly around the island until it flies into an empty twig bush. It will then transform that bush into a honey bush.
Later when you research the Ranching II tech, Queens can be captured and brought to other islands to turn their bushes into honey bushes.
A later island will give you access to berry trees (much bigger than the bushes). These produce much more berries, allowing your BirBees to harvest fruit much quicker.
You will eventually get access to a relic that allows you to move buildings. You can plant a twig bush on a farm plot, let a queen turn it into a honey bush, then move the honey bush to wherever you want on the island.
You can remove the honey from a bush by attacking the bush.
Red Jelly comes from harvesting the dead corpses of JellyPink Enemies (Red Jellyfish Enemies).
JellyPinks DO NOT SPAWN naturally. When a JellyBlue spawns, if there is a WILD (not player planted) juice plant (green spire plant with a red glob at the end found in the winter island), the JellyBlue will fire at the plant, dislodging the red juice ball. It will then eat the red juice, turning into a JellyPink.
There are TWO islands that have JellyBlue spawnsthe winter and the water islands. You can force the Jellies to turn pink by placing juice balls in animal feeders (found under farming). I suggest spreading a bunch of feeders around their spawn area. Don t forget that you will need one Fighter Bot set to Hunting the JellyPink and another Collector Drone set to harvesting the corpse.
Titanium ore comes from titanium rocks. You can t break those rocks without first getting a tech upgrade that requires titanium ingots.
To get your first batch of ore, just kill then harvest the corpse of the enemies that eat the rocks that are around that area. They will drop the ore. You can farm Titanium ore either by killing then harvesting the Arabeetle corpses near the titanium rocks, or by harvesting the rocks after you get the hard rocks tech upgrade.
Poop, Gold Nuggets & Animal Scale (Looks Like a Brown Leaf)
Animal Scale can be farmed from Scortixas (brown lizards in the desert).
Poop comes from Antorks (Boars).
Gold Nuggets comes from Carancrabs.
Once you research Ranching II, you can use your harvesting tool to capture the appropriate enemy. Create a barn once you research that tech, walk inside, go to the back panel, and put three Captured Enemy Capsules in.
You will need to supply the barn with Nutritious Eggs (from the Honey Covered Trees) to keep the lizards producing leather, berries to keep the Antorks pooping, and rocks to keep the Carancrabs producing gold nuggets.
General Gameplay Tips
- At the start of the game, just concentrate on getting all the islands unlocked, defeating bosses, and completing quests. Don t bother making your production nice, you will be able to purchase blueprints that are major upgrades that will render your initial setups obsolete. Getting to this point only takes a few hours. Note: you can t even see what these upgrades are until later in the game.
- You will get access to new blueprints that are not in your tech tree after a certain point in the game.
You will eventually find an NPC with a broken ship. Finish his quest to open up a special shop that allows you to sell certain items for money by launching them into space. One item is a personal space craft that bring you to a space station. Pay to upgrade the space station and you will open up a shop with new blueprints. These will significantly effect how to set up your production (see above tip)
- All three bosses have a secret way to defeat them with a puzzle instead of fighting them. This also give you badges (the badges don t do anything, they are just achievements).
Boss 1: Moth: Place a Blood Flower on the alter then go down
Boss 2: Fish: Switch all the enemy holograms to be the same (doesn t matter which enemy) then pull the lever. Any enemies that were chosen correctly will sparkle and cannot be changed. Repeat this process two more time. On the fourth time, you have a 50/50 chance to correctly guess the position of the last two enemy holograms. Note, by the end all the holograms will be different enemies. The combination changes each time. If you fail, the puzzle just resets and you can try again
Boss 3: Dragon: Put the following items on the 5 altars: Grey Gold Nugget, Green Nutritious Egg, Yellow Cactus Flower, Purple Mushroom, Pink Sweet Cane (Purple Bamboo). Note: There are other items that will work as well
- If you find a bird NPC that keeps flying away from you, all you have to do is change you head to any bird skin. You have to have the NPC that allows you to change your look unlocked. You also have to have one of the bird head skins unlocked
- You will eventually get access to a tiny shop kiosk that you can build. Don t buy anything from it other than the free thing, the saddle and the Personal Spaceship. The other items are single use. You will very soon have access to permanent blueprint versions of these items so save your money!
- Read this tip if you have access to multiple shops where you spend in-game money
Once you get to the space ship, I suggest spending your money in the following order of priority: Upgrade the space station to unlock the blueprint shop. Buy the blueprints. Buy the second space station upgrade, the space walk (allows you to get gems to speed up production speeds), Fully level and upgrade the space walk, then spend your money on whatever
That s all we are sharing today in Nova Lands Tips, Tricks & Efficient Farming, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original articlehere, all the credits goes to the original authorVell