This post will explain how to resolve the LowLevelFatalError for D3d12RHI problem you may have experienced while playing STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor.
This particular workaround for this problem worked for me:
lowlevelfatalerror [file:unknown] [line: 686] hr failed in the following location: d:/depot/r8branches/r8release/engine/source/runtime/d3d12rhi/private
The error message that shows after the crash looks like this: “This is a fix for a very specific error that typically crashes the game during cutscene transitions or when loading in new areas.”
My understanding is that the game’s engine searches the operating system for a particular library or file, and when it is unable to locate it, the game pretty much f**ks itself and kicks you out. The game attempts to access 2 registry entries on your computer, which I’ll show you in the part below. If those 2 entries are missing, the game doesn’t know what to do and essentially stops working.
It should be simple to resolve this problem because there are probably just one or two missing entries in your Windows registry that you need to add. I’m not sure if the developers made mistakes in the code or a botched driver upgrade resulted in this. Yet, hey! You can always delete those items and return your registry to its original state if it doesn’t work out for you.
The steps you must follow are as follows:
Push Winkey and R.
In the dialog box that appears, type regedit and press Enter.
Navigate to: in the left panel of your Registry Editor.
Right-click the empty area next to the GraphicsDrivers entry in the right panel and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
The values highlighted in the screenshot below should be added or modified:
Your PC must be restarted for the modifications to take effect!
Voila! The game ought to run without crashing hopefully any longer!
That is all we have to say about Darkest Dungeon II How to Fix Unable to Load Save File; if you have anything to add, feel free to do so in the comments section. You can also read the original post here.
FOR YOU: MORE GAME GUIDES
- STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor How to Fix Achievements not Unlocking on Steam“>STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor How to Fix Achievements not Unlocking on Steam
- STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor NVIDIA FPS Fix Guide“>STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor NVIDIA FPS Fix Guide
- STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor 100% Exploration Guide“>STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor 100% Exploration Guide
- STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor Performance Config Guide“>STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor Performance Config Guide
- STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor PS5 Controller Guide ( Haptic Feedback + Adaptive Triggers )“>STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor PS5 Controller Guide ( Haptic Feedback + Adaptive Triggers )